Thursday, March 18, 2010

Ladybug Birthday!


OK....I am a huge Tori & Dean fan. That's where I got the idea to do the ladybug theme for Olivia's 2nd birthday. This party was actually last September, but I'm just now sharing it with you because I'm pregnant and let's face it...things are crazy.

Anyway...who doesn't love ladybugs? A friend introduced me to a wonderful baker in Alpharetta and her cakes taste as good as they look! Her company is Cookie Smith. I e-mailed her a picture of a ladybug cake I found online and she created her own version.
Isn't it adorable?

The backyard was filled with "ladybug balloons" (I painted the black dots on the red balloons with a black permanent marker). I couldn't stop with the dots! I also used mini chocolate chips on halved strawberries to make little edible ladybugs. The kids loved them!

Our sweet little ladybug had a great time and to show our appreciation to her friends who came to the party, each guest
left with a favor. It was a small hardcover book called "Five Little Ladybugs" based on the classic book "Ten Little Ladybugs."












No comments: