Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Decorating the Baby's Nursery!

Well, my third little baby girl will be here soon. I am nesting in a big way! I'm working on her nursery. My first two baby girls had the same nursery at our old house, but we recently moved, so Baby #3 gets some improvements!

This is a picture of the the first nursery. We didn't find out the sex of our first baby, but I absolutely love blue and decided I could make it work as long as the overall feel of the nursery was light and calming. I used a beautiful pale blue and cream silk check as my main fabric. I used the solid blue silk on the bumper and drapery tie-backs. All the fabric came from Forsyth Fabrics. The glider was recovered in cream and piped in the blue and cream silk check. I found the adorable antique toy chest at Boxwoods (one of my favorite stores!). The chest (which I also used as a changing table) is from Art for Kids.

Now it's time to get the new nursery ready! We know we are having another girl and I know I will be using a few things from the old nursery. I'm working on it now and will post pictures soon!

No comments: